Saturday, November 22, 2008

I LOVE WEEKENDS!

This weekend I made a new bed for Mondo, our black spoodle. He is thrilled to bits with it! I made the top for the quilt for Caleb and gave it to Shenleigh so I'll have to photograph that when it comes back!

I also helped Chrissy tidy her room. I've failed as a mother in teaching my child to be tidy. My goodness. How do people get their kids to be tidy? to be fair I'm not a paragon of tidiness myself, but I do pick up after myself. I hate to whinge about her, cause she is great really, but I just wish I could help her to be tidy. Anyway as she is about to move into the bathroom, yes the bathroom, (the shower is coming out and the bed is going in) I thought I would make her a new quilt....
It's mainly a Henry Alexander fabric called "madison" with some fat quarters for accent. I got the idea from the Last Minute Patchwork Gifts book and it works really well.

It's bright and breezy and it came together so so so so fast! She loves it.


I also used almost the last of the left overs and made this quilt with a Heather Bailey fabric called "Pop Garden" that I can't rave about enough! I got it from Fabric Worm and I love it love it love it!



Once again an easy peasy quilt, but I find I need to do some quickies every now and again and it gets the whole speed sewing thing out of my system and I can concentrate on careful sewing again! Both these tops can go to Shenleigh to be quilted I think!

I also sewed the bindings on the Ugly Quilt, which doesn't look ugly now and I gave it to Justin next door, and the Cousin's Christmas Quilt which is all ready for them now. Last weekend I had a real go at those Christmas presents (hence no pictures) and am really on track now with that. Today we have had a fantastic family day, went to a BBQ and had a lovely time with our friends.
David has been busy too, he's getting projects done outside, our property is starting to look like we love it at last!
ps We will still have the ensuite, so we will all be clean! Just in case you were wondering... but an unexpected baby has to go somewhere which means one child goes in the bathroom!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hallo,

the quilt is fantastisch.

soooo wonderfull.respeckt.

gretings sydney