Monday, January 28, 2008

Holiday Paintings....



I took no stitching away with me at all, but I couldn't help myself. I had to do something creative! We all got stuck in and had some fun with the acrylic paints. These are my offerings. The top picture symbolises David and I growing up from our dark past into the light. The second one is about breaking out of the cage of our past and the third one is our family. In Maori design the girls are supposed to be one one side and the boys on the other, so its not quite right, but I quite like the look of it!! The light blue Koru is Reuben, the orange is James, and the darker blue, Chrissy, then the maroon is me and the dark blue is david. The red represents our love for each other as a family. I love the way Maori art tells stories and I really want to find out more about it. The children learn all about it at school and do amazing stuff.

No comments: