Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Great start to 2008!

I've been busy this year!! I've finished all the embroidery for the Family Holiday quilt. Hurray! I may even get it pieced tomorrow, which would be awesome. Chrissy and Reuben and I came back to Coalgate at lunch time from the Cuzies. Reuben is really bad at the moment and is driving me around the bend. He has just got overtired and his mental health has correspondingly gone down hill. What can one do with an anxious, jumpy, paranoid 5 year old?? Thank God for family TV and a fluffy bean bag. Anyway I still managed to finish the top for Sarah's baby quilt which is great. That's two tops in two days! Yesterday I sewed a little boy's quilt in blues and yellows, its an easy peasy design which I adapted from one I saw on Leanne's website. All horizontal strips. I've put some words on with coloured felt and I like the effect. Also today I pieced the front for the bag I'm making (from another one of Leanne's patterns) and made two monsters! I got this really cool book from Amazon with all these monsters etc in it, so we adapted a pattern and made two. I'll post the pictures when I get home on Saturday, the vodum doesn't let me upload pictures for some reason. All in all a very good day, apart from Reuben that is! Chrissy and I even took turns going for a walk tonight. The dogs could not believe their luck!

No comments: