Friday, November 30, 2007

Works in progress...

I'm feeling so tired tonight. This week just seems to be going to never end!! Last night we had all our painting team to our home in Coalgate and fed them all up to thank them for the great year of work! Some of them went jebboating on the Rakaia which they really really enjoyed. It was a lot of work though, don't know if I want to do that again, especially after a full on working week. Then today David did a 75 km cycle race and James (11) did a 10 km kids Mini-bays. They did great I am so proud of them!
Chrissy has been busy today dancing for her end of year production. Two shows today, and two tomorrow. Reuben is self-destructing again, he is just very tired I think. Hopefully we can get through this weekend without a major meltdown!!
I've been working with a personal coach for about 10 weeks now and am starting to make some headway I think. The trouble is that it is getting harder and harder! It was easy to make the big glaringly-obvious changes, but the real challenging ones are much much harder! Mike is great though (his business is called "Clarity"), I've never met him, he doesn't even live in the same island as me, but we talk on the phone. The thing about a coach is that they don't actually tell you what to do, but as you talk, it kind of becomes obvious to you. Right now I am trying to be real about how I feel about things which is I think one of my life-long failings. I like to think that I am Mrs Incredible and that nothing fazes me, but the reality is that of course I feel sad sometimes, ok a LOT of times!!! especially lately with all the Reuben stuff. Anyway I haven't worked out how to change yet, but the first step is to realise that you have to eh!
I'm going to make a quilt to show how I feel, I've got some grey fabrics and I want to do a mosaic pattern with golden grouting. I think that we can see the beauty in the difficult times of our lives and that is the golden grouting!! Anyway aren't we all just works in progress?? As my favourite saying this year is "Lucky we aren't perfect either"!

No comments: