Sunday, July 15, 2007

Two More Sleeps....

In two more sleeps I'm off on an adventure. I'm a volunteer, not a conscript, and I'm am off. I always knew I would do this one day, I was born a volunteer! But for a long time I believed that volunteers where not needed any more. I was so sad, I had been born too late to be the volunteer i dreamed of doing. Then I discovered that there was still a need for volunteers. Hurray, but alas I was married with little kiddies and i could not get away....

Time moves on, we grow and develop... and now an opportunity has come for me to be that volunteer. On wednesday I leave and fly to Thailand where I am going to help people who make handcrafts for a living. I believe I can help them, I am an ideas person. It will be great.



The hard part is leaving my family behind. I love them so much, they love me too. How will they manage without me, will they be nice to each other?? Who knows! Two more sleeps and I'm off. Every thing I do for them is precious - tie my shoes mummy? of course! make my lunch mummy? of course! pick me up from school mummy? of course! It is so hard.



Two more sleeps and I'm off. But I love you all so much, I will be back and fast as I can!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Deb, so proud of you. You will do great! Yes your family will miss you (including me!) but you'll be back. Look after your self! Love you